On this page:
Code of Conduct
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Kafuka.ME; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies (based upon mastodon.social's):
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions. (IE: Please put your NSFW content in a CW and/or Mark Media as Sensitive)
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions (IE: Again please put it in a CW and/or Mark Media as Sensitive)
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and will result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in the countries hosting this service
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
Overall: Don't be a jerk.. Our rules are fluid any may change as time goes by. It is up to you to keep up with these changes.
In addition to the site's owner, @emuz, Kafuka.ME's moderation staff include:
Kafuka.ME Runs a version of Mastodon called Glitch-soc. Included with this package are many updates and features. We also will over time be adding small changes to enhance our user's experiences.
- Ability to draw/sketch and post directly to your time line (c/o Glitch-SOC)
- Always updating Custom Emoji
- Every Pokémon as an emoji
- Server Specific Emotes based on the characters associated with Kafuka
- Classic 'Smiles' from the Acmlmboard Web Board Software
- ..and more!
- Themed verification badges to express yourself and riff on a social media trope.
- Custom Default theme. Dark with mint highlights! (with more to come in the future!)
- Larger resolution limit for images: 2560x2560px
If you would like to join us we would love to have you! Registration is open to review (unless otherwise notified) We ask that you write a little something about what part makes you interested to join Kafuka.ME. If you are an artist please let us know! If you are into emulation or computing let us know your favorite system. Just something so we can get to know a tiny bit!
Members will be allowed to invite others so if have a friend they can always invite you regardless! :) We may also run fully open registration from time to time so look out for that as well!
Many of the artwork and assets provided came from amazing artists who I have had the privilege to work with. Below are their names, what the created for Kafuka.ME, and their SM/Profile link.
The source code is published at: https://github.com/kafuka-org/mastodon. Most of the changes are cosmetic so at this time we do recommend using Glitch-soc's repository. (unless you like our theme! :) )